- Video workshop
- Body Language
- Do you mean that? She used it when someone referred to crying as emotions. I have noticed the same behavior from another facilitator redefining a phrase to less painful.
- She was laughing, had an Open Face
- She used to demonstrate push back, asking people stand up and pushing their hands together. (& then debriefed on body language and then talked about the fight on a corner)
- She used the following questions to check in with the audience:
- Is this fair?
- Does that sound OK/fair?
- Does that make sense?
- Level of Personal Effort:
- retaliation | quit
Our motives changed before our actions changed
(if you don’t act it out, you will act it out)
Intent v.s. Impact
- Might be different from time to time
- Might be perceived differently
Ta*****’s funny and annoying stories is a reflection of your own behavior.
Behaviors come from emotions and those from stories you are telling yourself.
- The Silent Treatment: Why Safety Tools and Checklists Aren’t Enough
People rarely become defensive about what you are saying. They become defensive because of why they think you are saying it! (intent v.s. content)
on safety: stay small, stay safe
Restart your brain:
- What am I behaving like I want?
- What do I really want?
- For myself?
- For others?
- For the relationship?
- For the organization?
- How would I behave if I really did?
- Content – single instance
- Pattern – a recurring problem
- Relationship – how the problem is affecting working relationship