I attended “iLEAD Coaching Kick-Start” course in September 2016. This course offered by Donna Robbins and focused on coaching and its fundamentals, and eventually becoming a better coach-like in our daily lives. It also touched on feedback and different approaches of communicating it.
The following is the outline of the course:
To align with the Organization’s focus priorities and develop the coaching skills of our people managers, the iLEAD Coaching Kick-Start program is designed to introduce people managers to our
coaching model, process and skills, and prepare them to begin having coach-like conversations.
Taking into account both the needs of the modern learner and the business, the course has
been designed to enable a coaching experience that includes a ½ day experiential classroom
session combined with a variety of pre and post workshop activities. This delivery format will
empower people to create a coaching journey that is unique to their development priorities
leading to improved skill application.
By completing iLEAD Coaching Kick-Start, participants will be able to:
- Define what coaching is at Scotiabank and its link to people manager expectations;
- Apply a coaching process that initiates action;
- Apply the three essential coaching skills that develop self-reliance in others;
- Recognize the relationship between feedback and coaching and increase the use of feedback in coaching conversations.
Audience Type: Level 4 – 10 people managers
Length: ½ day classroom workshop
- Read HBR article, Coaching: The Ten Killer Myths
- Read Scotiabank article, Building a Coaching Culture at Scotiabank: The Business Case for Coaching
Join the iLEAD Coaching Sustainment site on the Organization Live and select activities to
further develop your coaching skills from the various resources provided, i.e. articles,
videos, webinars, e-learnings, etc.