If you need to leave your Windows PC running all night and don’t have time to turn it off in the morning, you can utilize Windows services to shut down your PC automatically. It isn’t easy to reverse and turn on your machine though. Also, you need to pay attention to the fact that this is going to be a daily / weekly / monthly task in your system. So don’t forget to delete it if you don’t want it any more.
For windows 7:
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools and click on the Task Scheduler.
2. From the Action menu in Task Scheduler, click “Create Basic Task…”
3. In the “Create Basic Task Wizard” windows that pops up, Type in a title and a description. Something basic like “PC Shutdown.”
4. Click “Next.”
5. On the “Task Trigger” screen, choose the frequency with which you want the Shutdown PC to run. For nightly shutdown, click on “daily” and click the Next” button.
6.On the “Daily” screen, enter the date and time you want your PC to shutdown. Click “Next.”
7. On the “Action” screen, choose “Start a program” and click “Next.”
8. On the “Start a Program” screen, type C:WindowsSystem32shutdown.exe in the “Program/script” text field.
9. In the Add arguments text field type /s.
10. Click “Next.”
11. Confirm your settings on the Summary screen and click “Finish.”